* The Bulls and Warriors split their two meetings last season, with each team winning on its home court.
* Chicago ranked second in the NBA in scoring defense (93.0), first in field-goal defense (.430) and first in three-point defense (.326) last season. They are the second team in the last three seasons to rank in the Top 2 in these three defensive categories (2008-09 Cavaliers).
* Golden State rookie head coach Mark Jackson is third on the NBA chart for career assists with 10,334, behind only John Stockton (15,806) and Jason Kidd (11,578).
* Reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose averaged 25.2 points and 7.3 assists per game on the road last season. Rose is just the sixth player since 1986-87 to average 25 and 7 on the road in a season (minimum 200 assists or 35 games).
* Joakim Noah has been plagued by injuries the last two seasons, but has still managed to average 10+ points and 10+ rebounds per game in both years. Noah is the sixth Bull to average a points/rebounds double-double in back-to-back seasons, but only Artis Gilmore (1976-77 to 1978-79) has done it in three straight years.
* Stephen Curry is listed as day-to-day but is iffy for the season opener after re-spraining his ankle during the preseason. Curry has averaged 22.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and 6.7 assists in his last three games against Chicago. Curry's backcourt mate, Monta Ellis, meanwhile, has 23 or more points in six straight games versus the Bulls. The Warriors are 4-6 all-time when Curry does not play.