* Chicago has won its last four, and seven of its last eight, games against Sacramento.
* Sacramento liked to push the tempo in 2011-12, its 18.7 fast break ppg ranking second in the NBA (Denver - 19.8). The Kings were 16-21 last season when they had at least 18 fast break points, as opposed to 6-23 when they had 17 or less.
* The Bulls led the league in scoring defense last season, allowing just 88.2 points per game. That was the fewest ppg allowed by the Bulls since at least the 1970-71 season.
* DeMarcus Cousins averaged 18.1 ppg and 11.0 rpg last season for the Kings, becoming the franchise's first player since Chris Webber (23.0/10.5) in 2002-03 to put up at least 18 points and 10 boards per game. Cousins averaged 21.5 ppg and 14.5 rpg in two games against the Bulls in 2011-12.
* Derrick Rose is expected to be out at least until the All-Star break after undergoing surgery on a torn ACL suffered during the first round of the 2011-12 playoffs. The Bulls went 18-9 in the 27 regular-season games Rose missed last season.
* The Bulls signed Kirk Hinrich in the
offseason and he is expected to be the starting point guard until Derrick Rose
returns. Hinrich, who spent his first seven NBA seasons with Chicago, is the
franchise's all-time leader in three-point FGM (812) and is fourth in team
history for career assists (3004). He is coming off his worst NBA season,
averaging 6.6 points and 2.8 assists per game in 48 games with the Atlanta
Hawks. He suffered a groin injury late in the preseason, but expects to play in
the season opener.