* Chicago has won the last eight games in this series. All three meetings last season were decided by at least 21 points.
* The Bulls outshot (41.8% to 40.5%), outrebounded (46 to 40) and committed fewer turnovers (18 to 21)) than the Kings in their season opener on Wednesday. Chicago went 15-0 last season when having the advantage in all three of those categories.
* Cleveland had 24 points off second-chance opportunities in its season-opening win over Washington, while holding the Wizards to just seven second-chance points. The Cavaliers had 20+ second-chance points just three times all of last season.
* Joakim Noah had 23 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, five steals and 3 blocked shots in Chicago's season opener on Wednesday. He is just the fifth player since 2000-01 to put up a 23+/10+/3+/5+/3+ line in a game. The last one to do so prior to Noah was Josh Smith (28/12/3/5/3) against the Pacers last February 8.
* Dion Waiters had 17 points in his NBA debut on Tuesday. He has already started more games in the NBA (1) than he did in his two-year college career at Syracuse (0).
* Anderson Varejao's 23 rebounds on Tuesday were the most by any player in his team's season opener since Sidney Wicks had 23 boards for the San Diego Clippers against the Rockets in 1980.