* The Leafs dropped a 5-2 decision to the Wild on Tuesday and had their 7-game point streak (3-0-4 record) snapped in the process.
* Alexei Ponikarovsky lit the lamp for the second straight game Tuesday and now has a 3-game point streak overall (2g,1a). The big Russian winger has seven goals in 2009-10 - most of any Toronto skater.
* Chicago beat Colorado, 3-2, in a shootout Wednesday and has now won two straight and taken at least one point from three in a row overall. The Blackhawks have won five consecutive home games by a combined score of 15-6.
* Including a 5-4 overtime victory last season, the Blackhawks have beaten the Maple Leafs four straight times overall by a combined score of 18-10.
* Chicago's leading scorer, Patrick Kane lit the lamp Wednesday and now has a goal and six helpers during his current 5-game point streak.
* Lee Stempniak leads all Toronto players with 11 career goals and 21 career points in 23 games against Chicago. Stempniak has more goals and points vs. the Blackhawks than against any other NHL club.