* The Blackhawks defeated Boston in a shootout on December 18 by a score of 5-4, snapping a four-game losing streak in the series.
* With a 4-1 victory over Minnesota on Tuesday, the Blackhawks reached 30 wins in their 43rd game of the season. That edges the 1970-71 and 1971-72 teams (44 games each) for the fewest games to 30 wins in team history.
* The Bruins beat Ottawa on Tuesday, 4-1, as Boston's power-play clicked for two goals. For the season overall, the Bruins' power-play percentage has been 32.1 in their wins, as opposed to 2.9 percent in their losses, the largest differential (+29.2) in the league.
* Marian Hossa scored two goals on Tuesday, his second consecutive multi-goal game, and his third straight game with two points.
* Blake Wheeler matched a career high with three points on Tuesday. With five points in his last two games, he's already matched his output in 13 games in December.
* Miroslav Satan made his Bruins debut on Tuesday. He had no points and just one shot in 14:06 of ice time, but still finished with a +2 rating.