* Behind Nicklas
Lidstrom's first career hat trick, the Red Wings defeated the Blues, 5-2, on
Wednesday and have now won three of four overall. This season marks the seventh
time in franchise history and the third time in the last four years that Detroit has 20+ wins
through its first 30 games.
* The Blackhawks lost, 4-3, to the Avalanche on Wednesday and have now dropped three straight games overall (0-2-1 record). With 35 points in 33 games, the defending Stanley Cup Champs are currently 12th in the Western Conference.
* Including a 3-2 victory earlier this season (October 9), the Red Wings have defeated the Blackhawks three straight times at the United Center - all by a single goal.
* Including a goal and an assist with the man-advantage Wednesday, Nicklas Lidstrom now has 15 power-play points (3g, 12a) overall in 2010-11 - most of any blueliner in hockey. Lidstrom has five points (2g, 3a) in his last four skates against the Blackhawks.
* Marty Turco allowed four goals before getting pulled 40 seconds into the second period in his last start on Monday - the seventh time in 2010-11 that he's given up four or more tallies. Turco is just 6-13-5-0 in 25 career games vs. the Red Wings - his worst record against any opponent.
* The Blackhawks have the league's second-best power-play in 2010-11 at 24.0 percent. However, Chicago's penalty-kill percentage is just 78.8 this season - third-worst in the NHL.