* The Blackhawks lost, 2-1, in overtime to the Sharks on Saturday and have now taken at least one point from six of their last seven games overall (5-1-1 record). Chicago is 8-3-1 (.708) in its last 12 skates - the third-best record in the league since November 14.* Colorado defeated Washington, 3-2, on Saturday and finished up its 5-game road trip with a 2-1-2 record overall. The Avs are 4-0-1 in their last five games at Pepsi Center (3-4-0 in the first seven home games of 2010-11).
* Including a 4-3 Avalanche victory earlier this season, four of the last five games between these two clubs have needed overtime or a shootout to determine a winner (each team has won two of those four OT/shootout contests).
* Despite stopping 28 shots on Saturday night, Corey Crawford's win streak came to an end at seven games. He is the first Blackhawks' rookie to win seven consecutive starts since Darren Pang in January of 1988
* Paul Stastny had a goal and two assists Saturday and is now riding a 4-game point streak overall (3g, 3a during streak). Stastny leads all Avalanche skaters with 12 goals in 2010-11.
* Colorado is 10-0-0 when leading after two periods in 2010-11 - tied with the Wild for best in the Western Conference. Chicago has lost three times after taking a lead into the third period this season - most of any team in hockey.