* The Blue Jackets have won three of the last four meetings between these two teams and the last two meetings in Chicago. The Blue Jackets have a winning record in Chicago (12-8-0-2) since the start of the 2003-04 season.
* Since starting the season 8-1-0 at home, the Blue Jackets have lost six straight at home and have been outscored, 25-10, during that streak.
* The Blackhawks have won their last three games and seven of their last nine games at home. Chicago has scored 33 goals over that nine-game span at home, an average of 3.67 goals a game.
* 12 of those 33 goals have come on the power-play as the Blackhawks have converted on 32.4% of their power plays in that span. Jonathan Toews (4) and Troy Brouwer (3) have combined for seven of those 12 goals.
* Jack Skille is coming off a two-goal game against Nashville. Skille has 27 shots on goal over his last six games (4.5 shots per game) and is third on the Blackhawks in shots on goal with 94, despite averaging less than 12 minutes a game this season.
* R.J. Umberger is also coming off a two-goal game. Umberger has a goal in each of his last two games against the Blackhawks and has a six-game point-scoring streak against Chicago, with a total of nine points in that span.