* Four of the last eight games between these clubs have gone into overtime, with three of those four ending in a shootout. Colorado won three of the four meetings in 2010-11.
* Chicago is averaging 4.7 goals per game in its wins so far this season, as opposed to 1.5 per game in its losses. In 2010-11, the Blackhawks averaged 4.0 goals per game in their wins and 2.0 per game in their losses.
* Colorado returns home for the first time since its October 8 season opener, having played its last five games on the road (5-0-0). The Avalanche's current five-game win streak is their longest since stringing together six straight victories, December 10-19, 2010.
* Since the start of last season, Patrick Sharp has 11 goals in the month of October. That is tied for second most by any player.
* Semyon Varlamov has never faced the Blackhawks. Jean-Sebastien Giguere, on the other hand, is 14-6-2-1 with a 2.29 goal against average all-time versus Chicago.
* David Jones has four overtime goals since January 1. That is the most in the 2011 calendar year by any NHL player.