* Chicago won the only meeting this season between these teams (5-2 on Oct. 29 at home), and is 7-1-1 in its last nine road games against the Blue Jackets.
* The Blackhawks have allowed seven power-play goals in 10 times shorthanded in four November games, after posting a 91.7 percent penalty-kill percentage in October (third best in NHL).
* Columbus hasn't played since Saturday's 9-2 loss at Philadelphia. The nine goals are tied for the most allowed in the NHL this season, and tied for second most allowed by the Blue Jackets all-time.
* The Blue Jackets have scored exactly two goals in 10 of their 14 games, going 0-9-1 in those contests.
* Rick Nash has 23 career goals against the Blackhawks, the most by any NHL player since he entered the league in 2002-03. Nash has gone eight straight games without scoring versus Chicago, however.
* Patrick Kane is one of three players with at least 100 goals and 200 assists in the Western Conference since the start of the 2007-08 season (107 G, 211 A). The others are Daniel Sedin and Pavel Datsyuk.