* The Coyotes beat the Blackhawks, 3-2, in overtime on Tuesday to take a 2-1 lead in this matchup. Chicago is averaging 10 more shots on goal per game (44-34) than Phoenix in the first three tilts of this series.
* With his victory on Tuesday, Mike Smith is now 19-6-4 in
games following a loss this season (21-13-6 in all other games). Smith is 4-0-0
with a 1.39 GAA in four career starts at United Center.
* Phoenix has led 2-1 in a best-of-7 series six times in franchise history and is just 1-5 in those matchups (only win came in 1987 vs. Calgary). Chicago has an all-time best-of-7 record of 9-16 when losing two of the first three games.
* Patrick Kane leads the Blackhawks with four points (all assists) in this series. Dating to the last five games of the regular season, Kane has 10 points (3g, 7a) in his last eight games overall.
* Ray Whitney had a game-high nine shots on goal on Tuesday and lit the lamp for the first time in the series as well. Whitney now has 20 markers in 90 career postseason skates.
* Phoenix has gotten 10 points from its blueliners in the 2012 playoffs - most of any team. Chicago's defensemen have accounted for eight points in the first three games of this series - fourth most of any club in the postseason.