The Blackhawks are 2-8 all-time in Game 5's when trailing 3-1 in a
best-of-seven series and have never come back to win a series (0-10 series
record when trailing 3-1).
* Phoenix is 0-4 all-time in Game 5's when leading 3-1 in a best-of-seven series and has only won one of those four series. The lone series win came against the Flames in the 1987 Division Semifinals.
* This series is only the second series in NHL playoff history to go to overtime in each of its first four games. The 1951 Stanley Cup Finals between Toronto and Montreal went to overtime in each of its five games (Toronto won the series 4-1).
* With all four games in this series and its last two playoff games of last year, Chicago has gone to overtime in each of its last six postseason games, the longest streak in NHL history.
* After scoring 14 goals in 39 games between the 2009 and 2010 postseasons, Jonathan Toews has scored only two goals in 11 games over the last two postseasons.
* Between the regular season and postseason, Mike Smith is now 7-1-0 with a 1.61 GAA and .952 save percentage in eight career starts against the Blackhawks