* Chicago has won three of the last four times they have visited Joe Louis Arena, scoring the first goal of the game each time.
* The Blackhawks are 5-1-1 over their last seven games, outscoring their opponents, 25-14. Chicago has killed off just 68.2% of their opponent's power plays over those seven games, however, allowing seven of those 14 goals on the power play.
* Six of Detroit's last seven games have been decided by one goal, with three of those games being decided in the shootout.
* Chicago and Detroit have collected just 54 and 62 penalty minutes, respectively, this month, the fewest in the league.
* Jiri Hudler has recorded an assist on each of Detroit's last three goals. Hudler has 11 points in his last 12 games after enduring a 13 game pointless drought.
* Dave Bolland has four goals, six points, and is +6 in his last four games. Bolland has five power-play points this season, after having just six power-play points in 160 career games prior to this season.