* The Panthers dropped a 1-0 decision at Madison Square Garden last night and have now lost three of four games overall (1-2-1 record). Florida is just 4-8-1 in the second of back-to-back contests this season.
Chicago beat the Coyotes, 2-1, in Phoenix on Sunday and is
now 2-1-2 in its last five games overall. The Blackhawks have won five straight
games at United Center
by a combined score of 22-14.
* Including a 3-2 victory on March 8, Florida is 4-2-0 vs. Chicago since the beginning of the 2005-06 campaign. These two clubs have played 12 games in Chicago all-time with each team winning five of those tilts (two ties).
* Stephen Weiss missed his second game of the season last night and including a 1-1-0 record in 2010-11, the Panthers are just 3-9-4 without their scoring leader in the lineup since the beginning of 2007-08. Weiss is questionable for tonight's contest (leg injury).
* Marian Hossa had a helper Sunday, giving him 16 points (9g, 7a) in his last 13 games overall. The Blackhawks are 31-18-6 with Hossa in the lineup this season and just 8-7-2 without.
* Florida's blueliners have lit the lamp 34 times in 2010-11 - the third-highest total in the East and tied for sixth highest in the league.