* These teams meet for the first time since splitting two games in November, when each club won on enemy ice. The Canucks are 22-8-0-2 versus Chicago since January 2003.
* The Blackhawks have played 15 of their past 19 games at home, and Chicago hasn't posted a road victory since beating Minnesota, 4-3, on December 14. The Blackhawks are 0-3-1 away from home since then.
* Seven of Vancouver's last eight games have been decided by a single goal, with the Canucks going 5-2-1 overall since January 7.
* Dave Bolland scored Chicago's only goal in the Blackhawks' 3-1 loss to Nashville last Tuesday. His seven goals and 11 points in January each represent the highest monthly totals of his career.
* Marian Hossa enters the season's second half riding the league's longest active scoring streak, at nine games. It's his longest since October 2008, and four shy of his career high (13 games in November 2002).
* When Daniel Sedin scored the game's first goal last Tuesday, in Vancouver's final game before the All-Star break, it marked his 15th point of the season on initial scores, the highest total in the NHL.