* Chicago defeated Washington, 5-2, on Sunday - its third straight win and fifth consecutive game with a point overall (4-0-1 record). The Blackhawks are 7-1-1 since February 29 - best of any Western Conference team.
Columbus beat Calgary, 2-1, in a shootout on Sunday, snapping its 4-game losing
streak in the process. The Blue Jackets are now 5-4-0 in March - their best
monthly record this season.
* The Blackhawks have won six straight games overall vs. the Blue Jackets, including all five meetings this season. In addition, Chicago has won five consecutive games in Columbus by a combined score of 27-13.
* Viktor Stalberg lit the lamp Sunday and now has at least one point in four straight games overall (2g, 3a during streak). Stalberg has scored eight goals vs. Columbus in 2011-12 - a single-season record for any skater vs. the Blue Jackets all-time.
* Curtis Sanford suffered a quadriceps injury in the first period of Sunday's victory and was replaced between the pipes by Steve Mason for Columbus. Including a win Sunday, Mason is 5-1-1 with a 1.87 GAA and .947 save percentage in seven appearances this month.
* Columbus is 0-for-32 with the man-advantage in its last eight games. Blackhawk opponents are 0-for-6 on the power play in their last five games.