* Following the lockout, the Devils won the first three games in this series, but the Blackhawks have come back to win the last three meetings. The Blackhawks have outscored the Devils 10-4 in those three games.
* In their last meeting on April 2, 2010, the Blackhawks won 2-1 in the shootout. There were no penalties in the game and it was the only game last season where there were no penalties called. The Blackhawks are one of the NHL's most disciplined teams so far this season, averaging less than 10 penalty minutes a game, second-fewest in the NHL.
* The Blackhawks lead the NHL in goals scored while the Devils rank last. Chicago has scored twice as many goals (40) as New Jersey (20) despite having played just one more game than the Devils.
* The Devils will have an even tougher time trying to score without forward Zach Parise for the next three months. Parise scored more than one-sixth (17.6%) of the Devils' goals last season.
* Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith has at least two points in his last four games. Keith has totaled one goal and eight assists over his last four games while having a plus-minus rating of +3.
* New Jersey forward Travis Zajac has been more active offensively during the first five games of this road trip, tallying 17 shots, including eight in the game in Los Angeles. Zajac has no points to show for it, however.