* The Coyotes beat the Stars, 3-2, in a shootout on Sunday and have now won nine straight games overall, tying the franchise record set by the Winnipeg Jets (March 8-27, 1985).
* Patrick Kane snapped an 8-game goalless streak when he lit the lamp Saturday in
* Including each of its last three victories,
*In their last ten meetings, the Hawks and Ducks are 5-5. They have each scored 23 goals. The Hawks have won 268 faceoffs, the Ducks 267.
*The Hawks road power play has scored at a 24.8% clip, 4th best in the NHL. Since the Olympics, the Ducks penalty kill is 70.4%, 28th in the NHL.
*The Hawks have ten players with ten or more goals, tops in the NHL.
*Brian Campbell's consecutive game streak will end tonight at 387. It was the third-longest streak in the league behind Jay Bouwmeester of Calgary (411) and Henrik Sedin of Vancouver (405).
* The Oilers dropped a 4-3 decision in
* The Blackhawks have beaten the Oilers all three times the two clubs have met in 2009-10, scoring at least four times in each contest. Dating to the beginning of last season,
* Jonathan Toews has a team-high six points (3g, 3a) against the Oilers this season after tallying just two points (both assists) in his first seven career skates vs. Edmonton.
* Theo Peckham scored his first career NHL point last night with an assist on Gilbert Brule's goal in the second period. Peckham is the fifth different
* The Blackhawks are 11-1-2 in the second of back-to-back games this season - best in the NHL.
* The Islanders have won five consecutive games against the Blackhawks, outscoring
* The Blackhawks headed into the Olympic break with four consecutive victories, with each of the last three coming via a shootout.
* The Islanders headed into the break scoring a power-play goal in just one of their last nine games (2-7-0).
* The Blackhawks have now won at least 40 games in three consecutive seasons for the first time since a 5-season run of 40+ wins from 1969-70 to 1973-74.
* Patrick Kane, coming off an impressive showing in the Olympics for the
* Blake Comeau headed into the Olympic break with back-to-back multi-point games for the first time in his career.