* Marian Hossa scored his first goal of the 2010 postseason in overtime last game, giving the Blackhawks their second straight win and a 3-2 advantage in the series. Hossa now has 32 career playoff goals - fourth-most of any active skater since the 2001 postseason.
* Nashville failed
to score a power-play goal for the sixth straight game (dating to the regular
season) and is now just 1-for-53 with the man-advantage in its last 16 games
overall (0-for-21 in the playoffs).
* Including 10 straight series victories,
* Martin Erat scored twice in the third period on Saturday and now has four goals in this series - tied with J.P. Dumont (2007) for most of any Predator player in any postseason in
* Patrick Kane netted a shorthanded goal and had one assist Saturday, giving him six points (3g, 3a) in the first five games of this matchup - most on the team. Dating to the regular season, Kane has scored at least one point in nine of his last 10 skates overall.
* With its 4-1
victory in Game 3,
* Including a 1-1
record last season, the Blackhawks are 8-16 all-time when trailing 2-1 in a
best-of-7 series. That said,
* Patrick Kane has two of
* David Legwand leads the Preds with five points (1g, 4a) in this series and now has 11 career postseason points overall - tied with J.P. Dumont for most in franchise history.
* The Blackhawks are averaging 12.7 takeaways per game in this matchup - most of any team in the 2010 playoffs. The Predators are averaging just 5.7 takeaways in the first three games vs.
* The Blackhawks
beat the Predators, 2-0, on Sunday - their first postseason shutout since Ed
Belfour blanked the Flames, 3-0, on April 19, 1996. Dating to the 2008-09
* If they lose tonight, the Predators will be down 2-1 to the Blackhawks.
* Patrick Kane lit the lamp in the third period to seal the game for
* Still looking for his first postseason point, Jason Arnott had 19 regular-season goals in 2009-10 - the last 10 times that he's lit the lamp have been at home.
* Antti Niemi (1.01 GAA and .957 save pct.) and Pekka Rinne (1.53 GAA and .949 save pct.) are currently No. 1 and 2 in both goals against average and save percentage during the 2010 playoffs.
* In the last meeting between these clubs on February 9,
* The Blackhawks have won each of their last three games and will be seeking their franchise-record 50th win of the season.
* The Stars lost to
* Brad Richards has three goals and five assists during his current five-game point streak. Richards has two points in each of his last two games against the Blackhawks.* Antti Niemi has won each of his last three starts while posting a 0.65 GAA in those contests. Niemi has seven shutouts this season - tied for the third most in hockey.