* The Leafs dropped a 5-3 decision to the Panthers last night and have now lost five straight (0-4-1 record) and nine of their last 10 games overall (1-8-1 record). Toronto's opponents have clicked on 27.8 percent (5-for-18) of their power-play opportunities in the last eight tilts.
* Chicago lost, 3-1, in Anaheim on Sunday - its
third straight setback by a combined score of 10-2. The Blackhawks are just
4-11-1 (.281) in their last 16 games - worst in the NHL since January 21.
* The Blackhawks defeated the Maple Leafs, 5-3, in the two clubs' last meeting (3/5/11) - their sixth straight win over Toronto overall. Chicago has never beaten Toronto seven times in a row (all-time).
* Phil Kessel had a goal and a helper last night, giving him 16 points (6g, 10a) in his last 12 games overall. Kessel has matched his goal-output from last season already and his 64 markers since the beginning of 2010-11 are second most in the Eastern Conference (Stamkos - 89).
* Marian Hossa had an assist Sunday and now has seven points (4g, 3a) in his last eight games since going without a single point in six contests from January 31-February 11. Including a hat trick on November 30, 2006, Hossa has 13 points (6g, 7a) in his last nine skates against the Leafs.
* The Maple Leafs are 5-6-1 in the second of back-to-back games this season. Chicago is 11-10-1 when getting 2+ days off between games in 2011-12.