* The Blackhawks beat the Coyotes, 2-1, in overtime on Saturday - the fifth consecutive overtime game in this matchup. Just one series all-time had featured five overtime games prior to this one - the 1951 Stanley Cup Final between Toronto and Montreal.
* Chicago has an
all-time series record of 1-15 when being down 3-2 in a best-of-7 matchup. The
only time the Blackhawks won such a series after dropping three of the first
five tilts was in 1965 when they defeated the Red Wings.
* The Jets/Coyotes franchise has an all-time best-of-7 series record of just 1-4 when leading 3-2, with its only win coming in 1987 vs. Calgary (in 6 games). Including the postseason, Phoenix is 5-0-1 at United Center since the beginning of 2010-11.
* Jonathan Toews scored the game-winning goal for the Blackhawks in overtime on Saturday and now has six game-winning postseason markers in his career - most of any player in the league since the 2009 playoffs. The goal gave Toews 50 career postseason points overall (17g, 33a).
* Gilbert Brule lit the lamp on assists from Marc-Antoine Pouliot and Mike Smith in scoring his first career postseason point on Saturday. Smith is the fourth netminder to record an assist during the 2012 postseason (Brodeur - 2, Clemmensen - 1, Fleury - 1 are the others).
* The Blackhawks are the first team in NHL history to have seven straight postseason tilts decided in overtime, dating back to Game 6 of the 2011 Quarterfinals against Vancouver.